Cape Poge Wildlife Refuge and Wasque Reservation OSV Permit
Permits can be found at the link below. You must watch the video below before purchasing your OSV permit for the year.Permits
Please review OSV regulations and restrictions on this page for more information on access.
Explore hundreds of acres of beautiful open space. You can find your own peaceful spot for fishing, nature viewing, beach exploration, swimming, or a family adventure. Over-Sand Vehicle permits need to be purchased online in advance.
All OSV permits purchased online will be available for pick-up at the Islands Regional Office, 860 State Road, Vineyard Haven on Thursdays and Fridays from 9 AM to 5 PM until May 26, 2023. Starting May 27, 2023, you can only pick up your permit at the Mytoi gatehouse, Monday through Sunday 9 AM to 5 PM.
When picking up your stickers, please be sure to bring your e-mail confirmation, registration, and oversand vehicle, and OSV required driving tools: full spare tire, tire pressure gage, board, tow rope, and jack. Staff will require all these materials for an OSV permit at time of pick up.
Your OSV permit does not guarantee access. Access is limited to nesting protected shorebirds and conditions of the beach itself including trail flooding, inundation and erosion. There are no refunds for OSV passes due to closures. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for regular beach updates. We appreciate your membership and helping us to protect this precious resource.FAQs for 2023 Season
For rules & regulations, driving tips, and other FAQs, please review the Oversand Vehicle Driving Guide.
We look forward to seeing you on the beach!
Important: What’s new for 2024 OSV Permits?
1. “Cape Poge/ Leland” OSV Permit provides OSV access to Cape Poge Wildlife Refuge and Leland Beach only. OSV access ends at the Jetties. Pedestrians welcome after the Jetties! Your purchase of a Cape Poge/Leland Oversand Vehicle Permit includes a Trustees Family Level Membership for one full year. A Trustees Membership gives you free or reduced admission to our 100+ properties across Massachusetts. Explore our historic homes, hiking trails, beaches, gardens, farms and more. If you are already a Member, thank you! This purchase will renew and add 12 months to your current Membership.
2. “All Over” OSV Permit provides OSV access to Cape Poge and Leland Beach. It also provides parking access at Wasque and Long Point Wildlife Refuge. Reservations are required for Long Point Wildlife Refuge. An All Over pass includes a Contributing Level Membership for one year.
3. Before purchasing your OSV, please watch the OSV Driving Training Video. This is required for purchase and entry to beach.
4. Vehicles are required to carry the following in their vehicle at all times on the beach. Please bring these items when you come to pick up your OSV permit:
5. We require tire pressure at 15 psi. Deflate your tires ONLY at the Mytoi Gatehouse parking area.
6. Text alerts for beach updates! We are excited to provide real time alerts for beach closures.
Swimming Beach Walk On