The Trustees of Reservations (The Trustees) is announcing its expanded Summer Concerts Series with tickets now on sale to the public for all shows, ranging from Livingston Taylor to Koliba Afro Pop.
More than 50 performances will take place at nine different properties spread out across the Commonwealth—nearly double the number of shows from last year. The types of music (jazz, Afro Pop, opera, country, folk, Latin, etc.) will be as diverse as the Trustees’ properties where they’re taking place, from large picnic-style shows to more intimate performances. The interest from the Trustees’ Member presale was very strong, which means the general public should act quickly to make sure they have a ticket.
“For many people, this might be the first time they’ve had an opportunity to hear live music again in more than two years and we’re so excited to give them this expanded offering of performances and venues,” said Kristen Swanberg, Managing Director of Engagement, Education & Visitor Analytics.
The Summer Concerts at The Trustees lineup includes:
Castle Hill Picnic Concert Series (Ipswich)
Thursdays, July 7 – Sept. 1
Members: $30 per car | Nonmembers: $40 per car
From Motown to the 1980s to a Beatles cover band, Castle Hill will feature a different family-friendly band performing on the Grand Allee and overlooking Crane Beach. Bring a picnic blanket or lawn chair and dine on the lawn, or purchase dinner on-site from from vendors Beefie Boys or Plat Du Jour and dessert from Down River Ice Cream or Q’s Nuts. Mill River Winery, True North Ales, and 1634 Meadery will sell beverages each week.
- July 7: Big ‘Ol Dirty Bucket Soul/Funk
- July 14: Psychedelic Relics Classic Rock
- July 21: Entrain World Music
- July 28: Soul Rebel Project Reggae
- Aug 4: Beantown Swing Orchestra Big Band Swing
- Aug 11: Studio Two Beatles Tribute Band
- Aug 18: Soul City Soul/Motown
- Aug 25: The Great Escape Journey & 80s Rock Cover Band
- Sept 1: Orville Giddings Band Blues
deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum Performance Series (Lincoln)
June – September
Members: $28/adults, $12 child | Nonmembers $35/adult, $15/child
This series invites viewers to explore ideas of kinship, connection and ancestry through the performing arts. These themes are also explored by exhibiting visual artists in The New England Triennial and Melvin Edwards: Brighter Days. Outdoor concerts are picnic style on Linda’s Lawn while indoor concerts take place in Dewey Gallery.
- 6/23: Boston Typewriter Orchestra (Dewey Family Hall)
- 7/7: Ezekiel’s Wheels Klezmer Band (Linda’s Lawn)
- 7/14: Guerilla Opera presents Her:alive/un/dead by Emily Koh (Linda’s Lawn)
- 7/28: Steph Davis (Dewey Family Hall)
- 8/18: The Kevin Harris Project (Linda’s Lawn)
- 9/8: Jenna Moynihan (Linda’s Lawn)
Naumkeag at Night (Stockbridge)
June – September
Members: $9/adult, children are free | Nonmembers: $15/adult, $5/children
Join us for the perfect end to a Berkshires summer day, with a variety of live music provided by some of the area’s most popular bands and Naumkeag’s stunning views and gardens providing a spectacular backdrop.
- July 14: Fiesta Del Norte
- Aug 11: Kina Zore
- Aug 23: The Late Risers
- August 25: The Lucky Five
- Sept 8: Wanda Houston
Governor Hutchinson’s Field (Milton)
Members: $9/adult, $3/child | Nonmembers: $15/adult, $5/child
Celebrate summer with a family-friendly picnic concert enjoying the music of awesome Boston-based Afropop band Kina Zoré and purchase tasty food and drink from Moms on the Go and Smiles by the Mile Ice Cream truck. BYO chairs, blankets, bug spray. Dancing is encouraged!
Sunset Picnics at Weir River Farm (Hingham)
June 2 – Sept. 29
Members: $9/adult, $6/child | Nonmembers: $15/adult, $10/child
The Sunset Picnic series will feature local breweries and food trucks, live music, and the best view on the South Shore. Pack your picnic blanket and chairs and relax with your friends while watching the sun set over the Boston skyline.
- June 2, 6PM, ft the Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo, Stellwagen Beer, and the Cruisin’ Cabby Shack Food truck
- June 9, 6PM, featuring The Lindsay’s, Stellwagen Beer, and The Sausage Guy
- June 16, 6PM, featuring Mike McHugh, Stellwagen Beer, and The Sausage Guy
- June 23, 6PM, featuring Jay Psaros, Stellwagen Beer, and Lawless Food Truck
- June 30, 6PM, featuring The Lied To’s, Barrel House Z, and Mom on the Go
- July 7, 6PM, featuring Peter Mundt, Barrel House z, and Wanderlust Food Truck
- *July 7 is a special Sensory-Friendly Picnic. Info and Tickets can be found HERE
- July 14, 6PM, featuring Ward Hayden, Barrel House Z and Cruisin’ Cabby Shack
- July 21, 6PM, featuring Sparrow Blue, Barrel House Z, and Loco Larry’s
- July 28, 6PM, featuring Christopher Merlin, Barrel House Z, and The Sausage Guy
- August 4, 5:30PM, featuring Pete Kilpatrick, Burke’s Alewerks, and The Sausage Guy
- August 11, 5:30PM, featuring the Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo, Burke’s Alewerks, and Mom on the Go
- August 18, 5:30PM, featuring Jessi Kenney, Burke’s Alewerks, and Wanderlust
- August 25, 5PM, featuring Jessi Kenney, Barrel House Z, and Lawless
- September 1, 5PM, featuring The Lied To’s, Burke’s Alewerks, and Loco Larry’s
- September 8, 5PM, featuring Juli & Jon Finn, Widowmaker Beer, and Cruisin’ Cabby Shack
- September 15, 5PM, featuring Peter Mundt, Widowmaker, and Mom on the Go
- September 22, 5PM, featuring Ward Hayden, Widowmaker, and The Sausage Guy
- September 29, 5PM, featuring Aldous Collins, Stellwagen, and Wanderlust
Stevens-Coolidge House & Gardens Summer Concert Series (N. Andover)
July 8 – Aug. 26
Members: $12/adult, children FREE | Nonmembers: $20/adult, $5/children
Join us for our summer concerts in the gardens. We’ll have Notch Brewing and a local food truck for you to enjoy while soaking in the act of the evening. This is a BYO chair event and don’t forget bug spray.
- July 8th – Dan Gabel and the Able Tones
- July 15th – Koliba Afro Pop
- July 22nd – The Love Dogs
- July 29th – Los Sugar Kings
- August 5th – Jah Spirit Reggae
- August 12th – Boogaloo Swamis
- August 19th – Hot Tamale Brass Band
- August 26th – Myanna Jazz Quartet
Long Hill Summer Concert Series (Beverly)
July 15 – August 26
Members: $15/adult, children FREE | Nonmembers: $25/adult, $5/children
Join us this summer for Long Hill’s first ever Summer Concert Series! Taking place every other Friday throughout July and August, these evening concerts are sure to be a blast for folks of all ages. Concerts will be under the event tent, and seating will be provided.
- July 15: Myanna Jazz Quartet
- July 29: Jah Spirit Reggae
- August 12: Los Sugar Kings
- August 26: Love Dogs
Fruitlands Concert Series (Harvard)
June – August
Prices vary by performance
This is an exciting line up of concerts this summer that is not to be missed. Livingston Taylor, Della Mae, Ryan Montbleau Band and many others will grace the Fruitlands stage, and there’s no better place to take in a show or a sunset than Fruitlands.
- June 22 – July 13: Summer Concerts with the Concord Band
- July 8: Livingston Taylor with Vance Gilbert
- July 14: Della Mae
- July 21: Hotel California
- July 28: The Love Dogs
- August 4: Duppy Conquerors
- August 19: Ryan Montbleau Band
The Bradley Estate (Canton)
June 19 – September 22
Members: $20/adult, $8/child | Nonmembers: $25/adult, $10/child
Musical performances at The Bradley Estate span from Blues, to Latin, Country and even Opera. The public garden is the perfect space to bring a picnic and enjoy music this summer.
- June 19: Blues at Bradley – Celebrate Father’s Day with Luther ‘Guitar Junior’ Johnson
- June 23: Sound Bites Series at Bradley – Latin Night!
- July 17: Blues at Bradley: Featuring Willie Laws!
- July 28:Sound Bites Series at Bradley: Global Music Night!
- August 21: Blues at Bradley – Dennis Brennan Returns!
- August 25: Sound Bites Series at Bradley: Western Swing and Country Night!
- September 22: Sound Bites Series at Bradley: Latin Night Returns for Hispanic Heritage Month!
See the full slate of individual performances and logistical information for each show at thetrustees.org/concerts.
About The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 130 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 123 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. thetrustees.org.