But more than a hundred years earlier, Col. John Ashley had gathered together a sprawling estate of which the current reservation was only a part. The Trustees acquired the Cobble in 1946; Ashley’s home, also owned by the Trustees, still stands on nearby Cooper Hill Rd.
S. Waldo Bailey Negatives of Berkshire County
(6.0 linear feet)
Negatives of plants, flowers, trees, animals, and birds in the Berkshires, 1898–1961.