Book your session
The fees schedule is as follows:
$200/session (90 mins)
$850 for 5 (90 mins) sessions
$1700 for 10 (90 mins) sessions
Sessions may be booked 7 days a week and are subject to availability. Bulk sessions expire one year after purchase.
Discounted bulk sessions may be purchased separately (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase); $850 for 5 (90 mins) sessions; $1700 for 10 (90 mins) sessions. Bulk sessions expire one year after purchase.
These fees support the mission of The Trustees and help to preserve and maintain the land, natural habitat, and structures at Castle Hill and Crane Beach. The Trustees thanks you for that support.
Members of The Trustees at the Family level and above may book photo shoots. Either the Photographer or Client must be a Member to book a photo shoot. All parties must strictly adhere to property rules and guidelines.
Portrait photography shoot sessions must be booked online. Sessions are limited and are subject to availability. Availability depends on private and public events that may be taking place on the property. All sessions are 90 minutes (1 and a half hours).
9 – 10:30 AM
11 AM – 12:30 PM
1 – 2:30 PM
3 – 4:30 PM
5 – 6:30 PM (summer months only)
6 – 7:30 PM (summer months only)
If a photo shoot is cancelled due to inclement weather, an alternate date can be arranged. If a shoot is cancelled altogether a refund request must be submitted within one week for a full refund. Please note that offices may not be staffed on weekends.
The Crane Estate is owned and managed by The Trustees of Reservations, a member-supported nonprofit conservation organization that preserves, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts, and works to protect special places across the state.
We are pleased that you are considering our property for your photoshoot. Castle Hill and Crane Beach may be used as sites for outdoor portrait photography. The Crane Estate defines portrait photography as all engagement, family, maternity, prom, graduation, and any other posed or candid portraiture of individuals by professional photographers. However, wedding and bridal photography is not allowed at Castle Hill. Interior photography is also not allowed. Photographs may not be commercial in nature or resold for commercial purposes. See below for additional information on different types of photography.
To provide the best possible experience and avoid conflicts with other visitors to the property, the following guidelines must be followed:
- No more than 10 people (not including the photographer) per photography session.
- On the day of your appointment, free admission will be granted for all photographers, subjects and guests associated with the shoot. No additional guests or attendees will be permitted. Upon arrival, all portrait photographers must check in at the admission booth. Photographers will be required to show proof of booking upon arrival.
- The User is not entitled to exclusive use of the property. The grounds will remain open to the public. To fulfill our mission to provide a positive visitor experience, the Crane Estate prohibits photographers from blocking off a location or scheduling mini sessions (sessions which include multiple clients).
- Considerations for public safety and the protection of the structural and natural resources at the Crane Estate take precedence over any of the User’s activities. Conduct which disturbs the tranquility of the property or its enjoyment by others is prohibited. The Trustees of Reservations reserves the right to end the activity at any time.
The Trustees reserves the right to monitor all the User’s activities and prohibit any use that it deems may conflict with the Crane Estate and/or The Trustees regulations, including but not limited to:
- Wedding/Bridal photography is prohibited at Castle Hill. This applies to anyone dressed in wedding attire or simulating a wedding ceremony.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Clients should arrive ‘camera-ready’ as our limited restroom facilities cannot serve as a dressing room.
- No staging, pop-up dressing rooms, accessories, balloons, kites, flying lanterns, or other such props are allowed.
- All equipment used as part of the photo shoot must be hand-held; Carts, cases, and dollies are not permitted.
- Commercial or recreational use of drones is not allowed at Trustees properties unless it is for purposes deemed beneficial to The Trustees and approved in advance by the Director of the Crane Estate.
- Promotion of your brand using Crane Estate imagery is prohibited.
- The photographer, clients and guests shall park in designated parking area only. Any other parking location is prohibited.
- Dogs are never permitted on the grounds of Castle Hill and are only permitted seasonally at Crane Beach under certain guidelines.
- User shall be responsible for all the actions and activities of their party: photographer, client, and guests. The User agrees to assume all liability for any property or personal damage resulting from their use of the property. The User shall hold the Trustees of Reservations harmless for any loss, injury, illness, damage, or expense arising out of his/her use of the property.
- We permit one free rebooking due to inclement weather or other reason. A full refund, if requested, is possible up to 7 days before a shoot date.
Film and Photography Students:Individual student (high school, college, or university) photographers with valid IDs are subject to the same guidelines that apply to portrait and commercial photography. Film students must provide a letter from the school/university detailing the assigned project. Approval is at the discretion of the Crane Estate Director. For more information, please email: email@example.com
Artist and Nature Photographers need not register but they must adhere to the guidelines, and book entry through the timed ticketing system.
Personal/Recreational PhotographyPersonal/recreational photography is candid, souvenir-type photography using a non-paid photographer or personal cellphone camera. The photographs are not to be used commercially. Visitors are welcome to take in the moment photographs that capture the experience of their visit. These are informal photographs that are spontaneous and without artistic intent.
Commercial photography is defined as images that are created with the purpose of using them for commercial, professional, advertising, or promotional purposes, including but not limited to film, television, video (including Vimeo, Tik-Tok, YouTube, and other platforms), advertising, retail merchandising, marketing, portfolio, educational, styled fashion shoots, or published material, or any purpose for which the photographer receives any remuneration for the use of the image or video. Such requests are determined on an individual basis and require a comprehensive application to be filled out. Site fees would also apply. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBook your session