In 1945, Cabot’s niece, Eleanor Cabot Bradley, acquired the property. She and her husband Ralph Bradley made minor modifications to the buildings and restored the overgrown fields. They also added ponds, a sunken camellia house, a greenhouse, a studio, and a garage and planted specimen trees throughout the landscape.
Eleanor Cabot Bradley Papers
(14.5 linear feet)
Regarding Eleanor Cabot Bradley’s horticultural career, including plans for her Estate in Canton, 1897-1999.
The Archives & Research Center welcomes donations of documents, manuscripts, records, photographs, maps and memorabilia that pertain to a particular property. Please contact us at 781.784.8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.