Saturday, October 1, 2022
All levels welcome. Ticket holders ages 5-15 must be accompanied by at least one registered adult. All persons in the studio must be registered to attend. This is strictly enforced. This is not a drop-off children’s workshop.
A creative and festive outdoor clay art project that encourages clean hands and makes soap more fun! Build, texture and decorate clay soap dishes modeled from soft clay slabs! Your dishes will be glazed, fired and ready for use in your home! Attend on your own, with a friend or family member; great parent/child project! Instruction, tools, materials, seating, and work surfaces for building and decorating up to 3 clay soap dishes will be provided during this 1.5-hour family-styled workshop.
– Workshop will be held in the Ceramics Sculpture Studio, located in the complex of brown buildings across from the main parking lot also known as “Lincoln Nursery School.”
– Some inter-pandemic studio safety measures are still implemented, and distancing measures are still encouraged. Class sizes are modestly reduced to optimize spacing of parties at all times inside the studio. Mask-wearing is not required for vaccinated individuals inside the studio, but strongly encouraged for the unvaccinated. Disinfectants will be available.
– Work will be fired and ready for pick up within 2 weeks, or by appointment after. Participants will be notified by email of available times for pick up in the course of the following 10 days. An email address will be requested for communicating and coordinating pick up.
– Although clay won’t permanently stain garments, participants are advised to wear suitable work garments while working with clay and glazes.
– In instances of cancelation due to low enrollment, or postponement due to unforeseen event such as extreme weather, participants will be notified via email 24 hours in advance of cancelation or postponement of the event. The following day, Sunday, same time of day and location, will be considered viable for postponement. Notification will be by email.
Questions may be directed to: Bruce Barry, email@example.com, 781-259-3627